Hello everyone and welcome to my first ever easy-peasy Scratch Project. This project is called Trampoline Cat and it is a really simple project so it is great for beginners and Scratch noobs.
Are you ready? Then let’s get coding!
1) Load up a new project by going to My Stuff and clicking new project. You will then see this screen →
2) Click Events and drag the block into the workspace. This block will detect when the green flag is clicked for your project and will start to run the code. All projects start with this block.Helpful tip: The
Helpful tip: The is a hat block. This means it blocks the code on the top.
3) Next, Click Control and drag the Block underneath the previous block you placed. There should be a glow. See it? Stop dragging when you see it. This block is a loop cap block.
4) Click the motion tab and drag the block above the forever block. Helpful hint: If your scripts tab says “Stage selected: No motion blocks” then you may need help! You have selected the stage. To fix this drag your over to the cat in the sprites. Then click the cat and try to do this step again.
5) Now click the Stage (white rectangle) next to the sprites. Select Backdrops at the top. Hover over the buttons and when you find the one which says “Insert Backdrop From Library” Click it. Then select the backdrop you like and click ok.
6) Go back to your cat. Add the from the motion tab into your loop block like this.
7) You need to add the numbers in before you run your project! Click the numbers next to Y and type a really high number so It will look like this →
8) Now click the Paintbrush near the sprite section. Go to costumes and start painting a trampoline
9) Go to Scripts and add the “When flag clicked” block. Then add Under the When Flag Clicked block. Move the trampoline to where you want it
10) Now Click the Flag to see your project in action.
I hope you enjoyed my Trampoline Cat project. I’d love to see your project once done. Leave me a link down below so I can check them out.